Devin Singh is blazing trails at the interface of academic reflection in the humanities and liberal arts, social and business innovation and ethics, leadership and human development, community engagement, and structural/institutional change.
Devin is passionate about bringing the wealth of insights from the academy to bear on public issues, and believes the intellectual heritage of the humanities and arts are particularly relevant to public concerns, political and social challenges, as well as economic development. As an expert on religion and its links to economy, politics, and culture, Devin is well-positioned to apply the content, skills, and methods of academic inquiry to contemporary issues.
Devin has experience and interest in leadership and personal development, business innovation and ethics, economic justice and development, corporate social responsibility, cross-cultural communication, conflict and team management, institutional diversity, and democratic and inclusive practices in firms. He is currently developing work in emotional and cultural intelligence as applied to organizations, teams, leaders, and educators.
For Devin, the humanities play a key role in these endeavors. Rather than simplistic templates, cookie-cutter fixes, and shallow slogans, the riches of the humanities offer centuries of deep knowledge and creative solutions to challenges that emerge in personal life, the public sphere, politics, diplomacy, and business/entrepreneurial contexts.
Devin has worked as a consultant, advisor, and coach in a variety of private sector and non-profit settings.
Areas where he has offered commentary, consulting, advising, workshops, and written or spoken content include:
- The public, social, and economic relevance of the humanities and liberal arts
- Leadership, human capital, and personal development
- Instructional design and learning theory/practice
- Social, institutional, organizational, and structural change
- Business and society, business ethics, CSR, and economic justice
- Cultural intelligence, cross-cultural communication, and global citizenship
- Emotional, Relational, and Team Intelligence (R)
- Communication, pedagogy, interpersonal, and team dynamics
- Organizational/workplace diversity and inclusivity
- Democratic practice within firms, decentered leadership and authority